Looking for popular French baby boy names?
If French boy names have caught your attention, then you’re probably looking for that perfect, elegant name for your little bundle of joy. Luckily, there are plenty of boy names to choose from in the French language.
The French take great pride in their language and culture, so it’s no surprise that they have some beautiful names for boys. And while you might think that French boy names are only used in France, you’ll be surprised to learn that many of these names are popular all over the world.
So whether you’re looking for a traditional French name, popular names, or something a little more unique, you’re sure to find the perfect name for your son in this list of French boy names.
No, your son doesn’t have to have red-brown hair to wear one of these names proudly. You can simply like an Arthurian Legend or perhaps you’re a huge fan of the United Kingdom and you’ve just loved every French babies name you’ve ever come across.
These unique French baby names are waiting for you to check out! All of them are wonderful names that are popular a French boy’s names.
There are many beautiful French boy names that can be used in your child’s name. This list provides some of the most popular and unique French boy names with their meanings. French names have a rich history!
French names are used in France and other French-speaking countries. People find French names interesting, which makes them a more unique choice for a baby name.
In French culture, boys are traditionally seen as more rough and physical than girls. They are often encouraged to be more active and outdoor-oriented.
Boys in French culture also typically have a strong sense of personal honor and loyalty.
There are many reasons why you might choose a cute French boy name for your child. French names are unique and interesting, which can make them stand out from the crowd.
They are also often associated with French culture, which can give your child a sense of heritage and identity.
French boy names often have strong and masculine meanings, which can be a great asset for your child as he grows up. These are great French first names that any boy would love.
Here is a list of some of the cutest French boy names to help you get started in your search:
- Aiden: means “fiery” or “little fire”.
- Ansel: means “ God is my refuge”
- Armand: a baby name of Germanic origin which means “ army”
- Arnaud: French baby name which means “eagle power”
- Blaise: a name of Latin origin that means “to stutter”
- Bruno: French baby name of Germanic origin which means “ brown”
- Cedric: which means “kind and warlike”
- Clovis: French baby name of Latin origin which means “famous warrior”
- Emile: French baby name of Latin origin which means ” to excel or strive”
- Etienne: which means “crown or garland”
- Gaston: means “from Gascony”
- Guillaume: French baby name which means “strong-willed warrior”
- Henri: French baby name of Germanic origin which means “ ruler of the home”
- Jules: means “youthful”
- Lamar: this baby name means “of the sea”
- Laurent: a name that means “from Laurentum”
- Leandre: baby name which means “manly, virile”
- Louis: means “famous warrior”
- Marcel: French baby name of Latin origin which means “little fighter”
- Maxime: means “the greatest”
- Nolan: French baby name of Irish origin which means “noble”
- Olivier: means “olive tree”
- Philippe: French baby name of Greek origin which means “lover of horses”
- Renaud: French baby name of Germanic origin which means “wise power”
- Nolan: French baby name of Irish origin which means “noble”
- Olivier: means “olive tree”
- Philippe: means “lover of horses”
- Renaud: means “wise power”
- Sebastien: A French baby name of Greek origin which means “from Sebaste”
- Thibault: means “bold people”
- Valentin: baby name which means “healthy, strong”
You don’t need to have a French accent to use traditional French names. Take the time to choose a French version of a name that you like that has a special name!
Related: 150+ Awesome Edgy Baby Names
Sometimes you just want your son to have a cool name, one that will make him stand out from the crowd.
If you’re looking for a cool French boy name, look no further than this list. These names are all unique and interesting and are sure to make your son stand out from the rest.
When you’re looking for a cool French boy name you may be looking for a name that has a lot of history and meaning.
Some parents are looking for a name that has a modern spin, while others want their son’s name to reflect their French heritage.
Whatever your reason for wanting a cool French boy name, you’re sure to find the perfect one on this list.
Here are some of the coolest French boy names, most of these are common French names! Go ahead and check out this list of great baby names.
- Alexandre: French baby name of Greek origin which means “defending men”
- Anderson: French baby name which means “son of Andrew”
- Beauregard: baby name which means “beautiful gaze”
- Darcy: French baby name which means “dark one”
- Delacroix: French baby name which means “of the cross”
- Denis: French baby name of Greek origin which means “dedicated to Dionysus”
- Dominique: name that means “belonging to God”
- Drake: French baby name of English origin which means “dragon”
- Dupree: name which means “of the cliff”
- Durand: French baby name which means “enduring”
- Gauthier: name which means “ruler of the army”
- Girard: French baby name which means “spear carrier”
- Guillaume: means “strong-willed warrior”
- Jacques: means “supplanter”
- Jules: French baby name which means “youthful”
- Lafayette: French baby name that means “from the elf grove”
- Landry: French baby name which means “ruler”
- Leroux: French baby name which means “the red-haired one”
- Levesque: means “bishop”
- Marceau: French baby name of Latin origin which means “warlike”
- Nathaniel: French baby name of Hebrew origin which means “gift from God”
- Nevers: name means “from Nivernais”
- Noel: name that means “born at Christmas”
- Ouellette: name which means “little olive”
- Pascal: a baby name of Latin origin which means “relating to Easter”
- Renard: baby name of Germanic origin which means “strong and brave as a fox”
- Rene: baby name of Latin origin which means “reborn”
- Renoir: French baby name which means “little king”
- Rogue: French baby name which means “redhead”
- Saint-Clair: baby name which means “clear as the sky”
- Savard: baby name which means “wise one”
- Serge: French baby name of Latin origin which means “servant”
The following are popular French boy names and their meanings. Many of these names have been used for centuries and remain popular to this day.
Related: 80+ Baby Boy Names With One Syllable
Popular French Names for a Boy
When it comes to naming their children, the French often choose names that have a lot of history and meaning. They want their children’s names to reflect their heritage and be something that they can be proud of.
Many of the names on this list were originally used by the nobility, and are still popular choices for boys today. Other names on this list are more modern, but still have a strong French connection.
A good French name isn’t too hard to come by! Here are some of the most popular French boy names:
- Leo- meaning “lion”
- Luca- meaning “bringer of light”
- Gabriel- meaning “God is my strength”
- Elliott- meaning “my God is Yahweh”
- Maximilien- meaning “the greatest”
- Antoine- meaning “praiseworthy”
- René- meaning “reborn”
- Baptiste- meaning “to dip; to immerse”
- Jules- meaning “youthful; downy”
- Hugo- meaning “mind; intellect”
- Louis- meaning “famous warrior”
- Rémi- meaning “oarsman; rower”
Related: 175+ Southern Boy Names You’ll Love
There are many reasons why you might want to choose a unique name for your French boy. Maybe you want him to stand out from the rest or his name to reflect his heritage.
People choose unique names because they want their children to have a name that is different from everyone else’s. A unique name can make a person feel special and appreciated.
There are many unique French boy names to choose from. Some of these unique French names are from the 17th century.
Here are just a few examples that lots of people have chosen in the past!
- Jean-luc- meaning “may God protect the lukewarm”
- Pierre- meaning “rock or stone”
- Quentin- meaning “the fifth”
- Grégoire- meaning “watchful; alert”
- Norbert- meaning “north bright”
- Gilles- meaning “shield of God”
- Aurèle- meaning “golden”
- Basile- meaning “kingly”
- Célestin- meaning “heavenly”
- Erwan- meaning “eager warrior”
- Félix- meaning “lucky; fortunate”
- Loris- meaning “bay laurel”
- Narcisse- meaning “numbness; sleep”
- Omer- meaning “heap of wood”
- Thibaud- meaning “bold people”
- Victor- meaning “winner”
- Xavier- meaning “new house or home”
- Zacharie- meaning “whom Jehovah remembered”
When choosing a French middle name for your boy, you want to choose something meaningful and reflect his heritage. There are many great options to choose from, and each one has its own unique meaning. This list of names is full of male French names, so you should have plenty of names with a special meaning to choose from.
You might want to consider a middle name that is similar to his first name, or you could choose something completely different. It is up to you to decide what you think would be best for your son.
Start saying your favorite first and middle names together so that you can get a fill for what you like and don’t like! A lot of these French baby names have French pronunciation. Have fun choosing a little boy first name, middle name, and of course adding in your last name!
You can even play with different spellings with these boys’ names to see which one you fall in love with.
- André- meaning “manly; virile”
- Ange- meaning “angel”
- Augustin- meaning “venerable”
- Benjamin- meaning “son of the right hand”
- Bertrand- meaning “bright raven”
- Charles- meaning “free man”
- Claude- meaning “lame”
- Cyrille- meaning “lordly; masterful”
- Damien- meaning “to tame, subdue”
- David- means “beloved”
- Didier- means “desire”
- Djean- meaning “God is gracious”
- Édouard- means “wealthy guardian”
- Étienne- meaning “garland, wreath”
- Fernand- means “adventurer”
- Florent- meaning “flowering”
- François- means “free man”
Related: 100+ Unisex Names for Your Baby
Hopefully, these tips help you out as you try to come up with the perfect name for your baby boy! If you are still struggling, try looking at lists of popular French names or think about what meaning you want your son’s name to have.
Whether you’re choosing French male names for your child or for a friend, you’ll find that this list of great French names can also be unisex French names.
Once you find the perfect name, he will wear it proudly his whole life. European countries are amazing at coming up with names for babies! Which French baby name will you choose?
Whether you need help choosing a classical name, Celtic names, English names, or other popular boy names, make sure you check out my blog – I have TONS of baby names on my blog, just waiting to be discovered.