Planning a baby shower is an exciting and fun adventure and is often filled with cute games and pastel colors.
However if you’re hosting a fall baby shower or you want to go with something that isn’t like traditional baby showers, you may choose to throw a uniquely different type of theme.
One filled with ghosts and ghouls, pumpkins, skeletons, and other spooky decorations… you’ve got it, a Halloween-themed baby shower!
Today we’re sharing the following Halloween baby shower ideas:
1. Halloween-Inspired Baby Bump Shower
2. Halloween Baby Shower Games
3. Peek a Boo Halloween Baby Shower
4. Growing a Little Pumpkin Halloween Baby Shower
5. A Baby is Brewing Halloween Baby Shower
6. Mummy-To-Be Halloween Baby Shower
7. We’ve Created A Monster Halloween Baby Shower
8. A Nightmare Before Christmas Baby Shower Theme
9. Spooky Halloween Decorations
10. Spooky Halloween Food Ideas
There are so many different aspects that go into planning a baby shower, but thankfully when it comes to Halloween parties there are SO many great choices!
Plus, a Halloween party for baby is so unique that all of your family and friends will be so excited to attend.
Let’s get started…
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post, at no cost to you.
Unique Halloween Baby Shower Ideas
If you want to give your event a unique Halloween twist, below are some Halloween baby shower ideas to make yours stand out from the rest.
1. Halloween-Inspired Baby Bump Shower Theme
A simple way to incorporate a ‘Baby Bump’ theme is with a Halloween inspired baby shower cake like this one.
Use Halloween colors such as orange, purple, black, white, or green, and on the bump area, you can display a cute baby skeleton inside.
Compliment this cake with similar-looking decorations, baby skeleton banners, balloons that match your cake color, etc.
Put out finger foods and set up a dessert table with little cauldron cakes, cupcakes with tiny skeletons, and sugar cookies with fun Halloween inspired designs.
2. Halloween-Inspired Baby Shower Games
Source: Strawberry Party Print
Take the traditional baby shower games you’ve heard of and give them a little Halloween twist.
Some simple game ideas include…
- Get your guests to name as many horror movie baby characters as possible before a timer goes off.
- Make ‘baby’ a taboo word for the duration of the baby shower.
- Hang up pictures of Mom and Dad-to-be in their Halloween outfits from years past, and get your guests to try and guess how old they were in the photos.
- Hand around a pumpkin trick-or-treat bag or pail containing uniquely shaped types of candy and see if the guests can guess what they are.
- If you are looking for fun skeleton-inspired games, one might be to get a large or small skeleton and see how many bones the guests can name.
Wondering what to give out for prizes? We put together a whole list of baby shower game prize ideas for you.
Cute Halloween Themed Baby Shower Ideas
When it comes to Halloween baby showers, there are a few themes that are just too cute!
The great thing about these Halloween baby shower themes is that they are mostly gender-neutral.
Let’s take a look at a few of them now!
3. Little Boo Baby Shower
Source: Pretty Sweet Cookies
There isn’t anything much cuter than baby ghosts, and this Halloween baby shower theme is all about the little ghost growing in Mommy-to-Be’s tummy.
We love these Halloween baby shower invitations with little baby ghosts flying around.
Hang a garland with little ghosts on it along with a balloon arch in Halloween colors.
Add in some small headstones that say Little Boo or the baby’s name and expected date of birth for the perfect photo backdrop.
If you need a unique idea or two for food, you can provide sweet treats like baby ghost cake pops, a candy bar, and Halloween cupcakes.
If the expectant parents are having a baby girl, these ghost cupcake toppers with little pink bows are a totally adorable find!
4. Growing A Little Pumpkin Baby Shower
Source: Something Turquoise
The Little Pumpkin Halloween baby shower theme is a fun idea and super easy to put together as it goes so well with one of the most popular Halloween decorations, pumpkins!
Your Halloween baby shower invitations could include pretty orange pumpkins and white pumpkins and say ‘Mommy is Growing a Little Pumpkin.’
Another great idea for this party theme would be to get your guests to sign a pumpkin instead of the usual guest book.
Shower decorations could follow the pumpkin theme with cute or scary faces carved into all different sized pumpkins.
Another perfect way to decorate with pumpkins is to cut out a hole in a large pumpkin, placing a smaller baby pumpkin inside. Then place an even larger one for daddy next to the mommy pumpkin!
For your dessert table, think candy corn, pumpkin cake poppers covered in white chocolate, candy pumpkins, and a pumpkin style cake.
5. A Baby Is Brewing Baby Shower
Source: Parties With A Cause
Another cute idea for a spooky shower is ‘A Baby is Brewing.’
For this unique theme, incorporate lots of black decor, black cats, and spooky centerpieces to create this super fun baby shower!
Shower decorations can include little smoking cauldrons, witch’s hats, or balloons in your color scheme.
Hang a ‘Baby is Brewing’ balloon banner behind the food table to really nail this baby shower theme!
Put together a delicious food table with little cauldron cakes, spooky biscuits, and smoky drinks – all organized neatly with food labels.
We love these ‘A Baby is Brewing’ cupcake toppers for your cupcakes or nestled into other items on the snack table.
You can send your guests home with little cauldron keyrings or miniature cauldrons with little succulents for great favors.
6. Mummy-To-Be Baby Shower
Another super cute Halloween baby shower theme is the Mummy-To-Be theme. You can go for mummy-styled invites featuring mummies, coffins, headstones, or graveyard scenes.
A creative idea for shower decorations could include mummies, bandages wrapped around tables and chairs, headstones, balloons in your color scheme, spiders falling from the roof and crawling along the table surface, and other graveyard-type decorations that would adorn a haunted mansion.
You can have a fun time with the idea of a Halloween-themed baby shower! Mummy wrapped hot dogs are absolutely adorable and easy to make.
7. We’ve Created A Monster Baby Shower
The ‘Little Monster’ Halloween themed baby shower is another adorable idea where you can include either baby Frankenstein’s or even Monsters Inc. characters.
Set out a variety of sweet affairs such as sugar cookies with monsters on them, monster cake poppers, green drinks, and any other Halloween-inspired food that the Mom-to-be might be craving at the time.
8. A Nightmare Before Christmas Baby Shower Theme
This ‘Little Nightmare’ Halloween baby shower is quite a popular one so you’ve got lots of options to show your guests a good time! These baby shower invitations showing Jack Skellington and Sally would be absolutely perfect to convey your theme.
Amazon actually carries a bunch of Halloween baby shower decorations for the Little Nightmare theme such as Nightmare Before Christmas cake toppers, balloons, mini lanterns, and favor bags!
Weave in a little pink or blue depending on whether the new baby is expected to be a boy or girl.
9. Spooky Halloween-Inspired Decorations
There are several ways that you can make your shower decorations spooky!
- One fun way is to add googly eyes onto things. For example, add them to candle holders, sweet holders, containers, drinking cups, etc.
- Another creepy idea is to splash fake blood onto objects, including the table cloth, across the hanging spiders’ webs, etc.
- For the ultimate jokster, you can have frightening baby dolls popping out of pumpkins!
- Skulls can also be scary so strategically place some on your main table and around your entertaining area.
10. Spooky Halloween-Inspired Food Ideas
Here are a couple of ideas you can use to make your food table appear all the more spooky!
- Cut some olives up and place them on top of your deviled eggs in the design of spiders.
- Have a spooky punch with fake eyeballs and some foam. Make it green and add some apple slices to it.
- Freeze some plastic spiders into ice cubes and use those in your drinks.
- Serve your drinks out of skull cups or cups with googly eyes on them.
- Add skull and crossbones or monster eyes to your drinks and food items.
- Make some cookies that depict baby clothes with blood splatters on them.
Our Favorite Halloween Baby Shower Decorations
We’ve made the below shortlist of our favorite Halloween baby shower ideas for decorations to help save you some time shopping.
- Balloons – Balloons are the perfect addition to any event! Set up the perfect photo backdrop for the mom-to-be and her guests. You can use one of these balloon arch sets that’s available in a variety of Halloween colors.
- Lanterns – Paper lanterns are another all-time favorite of ours. You can display these instead of balloons OR in addition to them! These are available in classic orange & black and also purple & white.
- Centerpieces – For an ideal centerpiece, place a giant pumpkin, skeleton, spider, or a smoking cauldron on the tabletop. If you’re planning to order a multi-tiered Halloween baby shower theme cake, let that be the star center of your table!
- Chair for the Mom-To-Be – You can make a Halloween-inspired chair for the Mom-to-be to sit on while she plays party games and unwraps presents. It can be as simple as covering a chair that you have in this stretchy spider webbing!
- Gift Table Décor – If you want to have something for the Mom-to-be to keep afterward, sprinkle in these adorable My First Halloween plush toys around the table.
- Dessert / Cake Table Decorations – Personalize your cake, cupcakes or desserts with Halloween theme-specific cake toppers like these.
- Extras – There are many unique items you can use as additional decorations to make your event special such as one-of-a-kind garlands or cute little cauldrons like these.
Final Words On Planning The Perfect Halloween Themed Baby Shower
Halloween is a favorite holiday for many and what better way to enjoy it again than with a baby shower.
We hope you gained some inspiration from these Halloween baby shower ideas and are ready to plan your own!
Have fun and enjoy these special moments of planning and execution that you’ll end up remembering forever.