A space name is perfect if you want your baby to be a forward thinker!
Instead of reaching back into history to search for names, space names are a constant reminder to your little one to dream big and reach for the stars.
Whether you need an edgy new-age space name that conjures up images of exploring far-off planets, or just a beautiful solid name to keep your little one looking ahead, the cosmos is the perfect place to look for inspiration.
Space names are nothing new!
Aurora was the name of Sleeping Beauty in the fairy tale and is currently a trending girl’s name, and in recent years there are plenty of others too.
Nova, Celeste, and Juno are all fast-rising names that are ranking high in popularity!
Follow this new trend of space baby names and your little one will never forget that they are the center of your universe.
Without further ado, let’s blast off to find the best 101 space names for your little star!
Cool Space Names for Girls
Parents of baby girls are spoiled for choice with the abundance of beautiful space names for their little one.
The stars and space have been a source of wonder and beauty since the start of time, and there are a wide variety of girl’s space names that are truly out of this world.
If you love the beauty of celestial names, then this first list of girl names is for you!
Space Themed Names for Girls
- Aurora – a cute name meaning goddess of the dawn. A beautiful, unique girl name would be Aurora Borealis, naming her after the Northern Lights.
- Halley – a comet visible from earth twice in each person’s lifetime.
- Luna – the name of a moon in Latin.
- Astra – in Latin, ‘Astra’ means stars in a night sky
- Nashira – a bright star in the constellation of Capricornus. The inherent meaning of the word is ‘bearer of good news.’
- Elara – this pretty girl’s name is also the name of Jupiter’s moon.
- Stella – what could be lovelier than naming your little girl with a word that means star?
- Celeste – a feminine-sounding name that means ‘heavenly.’
- Libra – the name of a constellation and one of the zodiac signs that carries qualities of fairness and balance.
- Arpina – a beautiful name meaning ‘the rising of the sun.’
- Eris – a newly discovered dwarf star in our solar system.
- Helia – a Greek word meaning the sun.
- Leia – no one could forget Princess Leia from the iconic Star Wars series, which would immediately make your little Leia a legend. There are several meanings of the name Leia in various languages. We love the Hawaiian meaning as it means ‘child of heaven.’
- Sitara – a name of Hindi origin that means ‘star.’
- Nevaeh – a beautiful all-American name that means heaven.
- Rhea – one of Saturn’s moons.
- Sunshine – of English origin, meaning light from the sun.
- Miranda – the smallest moon orbiting the planet Uranus.
- Starla – a variation of the English word ‘star.’
- Estella – a variation of Stella which means ‘star.’
- Sally – name your little girl after an inspirational American astronaut who was the first woman to fly into space. Sally Ride was smart, brave, and a leader in her field – a perfect role model.
- Juliet –Juliet is one of the small moons orbiting Uranus.
- Sidra – means’ goddess of the stars’.
- Kamaria – a beautiful name with an African origin. Kamaria means ‘moonlight’ in Swahili.
- Leda – the moon orbiting Jupiter.
- Callisto – Jupiter’s second-largest moon and the third-largest in the solar system.
- Venus – a heavenly planet.
- Nuray – a Turkish girl’s name that means ‘bright moon.’
- Helene – one of Saturn’s moons.
- Stellaluna – a combination of words meaning ‘stars and moon.’ This space name has a lovely smooth rhythmic flow.
- Adhara – a bright star in the sky.
- Selena – meaning ‘moon goddess.’
- Alula – one of the first double stars observed.
- Electra – the name of a star in the Taurus constellation.
- Juno – Latin for ‘Queen of Heaven.’
- Danica – meaning morning star in Slavic.
- Chandra – of Hindi origin, meaning ‘goddess of the moon.’
Related: The Cutest Southern Girl Names
Space Themed Names for Boys
Parents of little boys can enjoy a space themed name too!
Boys’ space names can be classic, with a sprinkle of added stardust.
Enduring names like Leo will always be a winner, but there are plenty more space names to choose from that will perfectly capture your son’s personality.
If you’re looking for a unique boy name, one of these celestial baby names will make a perfect name for your baby boy.
Space Related Names for Boys
- Orion – a popular space name for boys, which means ‘rising in the sky’ and ‘dawning.’ Orion is the best-known constellation, represented by the figure of a hunter.
- Archer – the image formed by the group of stars in the Sagittarius system depicting half-man and horse. A strong space name for your little warrior.
- Rigel – a giant star in the Orion constellation. Rigel would be a meaningful name for anyone who loves the ocean, as it is the star that guides seafarers.
- Sirius – the brightest star in the sky.
- Atlas – a Titan forced to carry the universe on his shoulders for eternity.
- Armstrong – in 1969, astronaut Neil Armstrong stepped onto the moon’s surface.
- Janus – one of the moons orbiting Saturn.
- Astro – a boy’s name that means ‘star.’
- Draco – it has a Greek mythology meaning ‘dragon’ and is one of the constellations in the northern sky.
- Jericho – an Arabic name of Arabic origin meaning ‘city of the moon.’
- Oberon – a moon orbiting the planet Uranus.
- Astrophel – a literary name meaning ‘star lover.’
- Buzz – a super cute, fun space name for boys. Although it means ‘settlement in the woods, ’ it has become a popular name after astronaut Buzz Aldrin and Buzz Lightyear, the toy space ranger from the Toy Story franchise.
- Cosmo – a world name meaning the whole universe.
- Zenith – the point in the sky that is directly above the observer.
- Phoenix – an edgy space name with a modern touch. Phoenix is a constellation in the southern sky.
- Leo – a constellation name meaning ‘of the lion’. It’s one of our star names that would also make a great middle name.
- Tarak – Sanskrit name meaning ‘star’ or ‘protector.’
- Astin – a French name meaning ‘starlike.’
- Vulcan – a theorized planet that was thought to exist. Also the home of a famous pointy-eared character, Mr. Spock, in the space television series Star Trek.
- Spock – even before the Star Trek phenomenon, Spock was a boy’s name meaning popularity and origin. It was instantly transformed into a cute space name for boys that immediately conjures up images of space adventures.
- Aten – the Egyptian god of the sun.
- Arche – a moon orbiting the planet Jupiter.
- Aldrin – after former American astronaut Buzz Aldrin.
- Cosmos – a unique name meaning the entire universe.
- Holmes – a comet discovered in 1892. It will be visible again in January 2028
- Alioth – the brightest star in the Great Bear constellation.
- Marcus – a Latin word meaning ‘dedicated to Mars.’
- Hoku – the Hawaiian word for ‘star.’
- Badar – an Arabic word that means ‘full moon.’
- Samson – of Hebrew origin meaning ‘sun.’
- Pollux – space names with X in them are very trendy. Pollux means crown and is also the brightest star in the constellation of Gemini.
- Neil – another tribute to the American astronaut Neil Armstrong.
- Branson – the entrepreneur of space tourism and meaning ‘son of the raven.’ Branson is a trendy space name for boys.
- Apollo – the Apollo program is a famous NASA program and the Greek god of sun and light.
Related: Cool One Syllable Boy Names
Gender Neutral Space-Related Names
Space names have plenty to offer to parents looking for unique gender-neutral names.
Gender-neutral names allow you to choose your baby’s name long before you find out the sex.
A gender-fluid name also allows your baby to develop their personality without stereotyping based on an overly masculine or feminine name.
Check out these cool gender-neutral space names that are as timeless and enduring as their origins!
Gender Neutral Names Inspired by Space
- Nova – a star that becomes large and bright in a never-ending cycle.
- Starr – let everyone know that your baby is the most beautiful star in your life.
- Alpha – every constellation has the brightest star, which is called Alpha—also the first letter in the Greek alphabet.
- Eris – a dwarf planet
- Jupiter – a strong name meaning the biggest planet in earth’s solar system.
- Sky – an English name that is easy to understand and conjures up images of endless skies and the universe above.
- Eclipse – the movement of celestial bodies. An eclipse happens when the moon moves between the fun and the earth.
- Cielo – an Italian word name that means ‘sky.’
- Muraco – one of the coolest moon names meaning’ white moon’.
- Aquarius – the 11th sign of the zodiac and a constellation between Capricorn and Pieces.
- Skywalker – one who walks in the sky. This space name was made popular by the original Star Wars movie.
- Vesper – of Latin origin and meaning ‘evening star.’
- Solar – meaning ‘of the sun.’
- Kennedy – after the John F. Kennedy Space Center in Florida
- Vega – the brightest star in the northern constellation of Lyra.
- Comet – a favorite for celestial objects, a small solar system body moving through space.
- Sol – meaning the ‘sun’ in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Blake – it means ‘light.’
- Hartley – a small periodic comet that will next be visible in October 2023.
- Ceres – a dwarf planet located in the inner solar system between Mars and Jupiter.
- Halo – a circular aura of light frequently portrayed on spiritual figures.
- Infinity – endless in space and time.
- Mercury – a planet and a word meaning ‘messenger of the gods.’
- Moon – this space name is self-explanatory and perfect for both sexes.
- Finlay – William Finlay was a South African astronomer well known for his work on comets. Alternative spellings are Finley and shortened version, Finn.
- Surya – the Hindu sun deity
- Yuri – meaning ‘lily’ in Japan. Yuri Gagarin was the first person to travel into outer space.
- Namid – of Native American origin, meaning ‘star dancer.’
- Rinn – of Irish origin and meaning a star or constellation.
- Polaris – a literal meaning for the North Star
Related: Pretty Long Girl Names
Final Words On Choosing Baby Names Inspired by Space
There is an entire universe of gorgeous space names to choose from for your baby!
Each of these galaxy names has a meaning that will forever remind your little star just how precious they are to you.
Whether you choose a planet, comet, constellation, or the name of a space explorer, space names are a reminder that we are all part of something bigger.
Something to think about as you choose your own space-inspired baby name!
Leave a Reply